November 1881 Ordinance No. 9
- "To Provide against Carrying of Deadly Weapons" (effective April 19, 1881).
- Section 1. "It is hereby declared to be unlawful for any person to carry deadly weapons, concealed or otherwise [except the same be carried openly in sight, and in the hand] within the limits of the City of Tombstone.
- Section 2: This prohibition does not extend to persons immediately leaving or entering the city, who, with good faith, and within reasonable time are proceeding to deposit, or take from the place of deposit such deadly weapon.
- Section 3: All fire-arms of every description, and bowie knives and dirks, are included within the prohibition of this ordinance."
- Ordinance No. 7, Section 1:
- "Any establishment, house of prostitution or other place open to the public and it shall be the duty of any officer to enter such place and at once arrest such persons as he may then find engaged in or causing such breach of the peace." (effective April 12, 1881).
The gunfight at the O.K. Corral actually started because Cowboys (the Cowboys were a gang) were trying to come into Tombstone with guns. That was not allowed. That was the proximate cause of the fight, but the background is they hated each other for a variety of reasons.
It's 120 years later, and these asses are still arguing about guns.