Saturday, February 19, 2005

Why

Welcome to my blog. This is my first attempt at blogging, and although I like to think of myself as somewhat out on the edge, I suppose I must be blogger number 6,589,888 by now... I suspect this is a low number.

Here in Ottawa it's another long cold winter, minus 20 tonight with little sign of global warming. Of course I believe in global warming just not tonight. As a result of an early winter storm, followed by rain, followed by sub zero temperatures, the side streets here have 18 inch thick banks of dirty solid ice on either side of the street. Traffic is reduced to one lane on many streets which resemble narrow country roads only made of dirty ice. At the moment Ottawa closely resembles the surface of Titan - only a little warmer.

So what's Contumacious about you ask? Well, I'm worried; I'm worried about the war, American killer robots, western culture and the decline thereof, our muzzled liberal media, and worse the unmuzzled yet controlled - right wing media And I am worried about the freaking environment (we just had terrible smog for 3 days - in January!), and lots more. I could go on of course, but I will leave that for later posts.

I won't always focus on the wars; but I will always focus on the contrary - which is often the truth.

No comments: